There is no shortage of great ideas for how to transform the health care system. But for startups who want to make their idea a reality, how do you get access to real-world testing within a system that’s as complicated as ours?
Enter the TRAILS Competition. As part of our larger mission to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs and the traditional health care sector, we set out to improve access to testing and application by hosting a competition to win services from University of Washington School of Medicine’s Primary Care Innovation Lab (PCI-Lab).
We had a flood of applications from startups with solutions to improve primary care from all over the world. Our panels of judges have narrowed down the application pool to five finalists. Congratulations to our finalists!
- CareCognitics (Palo Alto, CA), a digital health company with a focus on improving quality of care for people with chronic conditions using data science and patient engagement
- Litesprite (Bellevue, WA), a game platform that helps patients manage and mitigate the effects of behavioral health, cancer, and diabetes
- MedsForAll (Seattle, WA) – (formerly EpiForAll), a company seeking to provide rescue drug autoinjectors, beginning with epinephrine, to all
- Omic (Seattle, WA), a cloud-based bioinformatics and data management platform for whole genome sequencing, cancer panels, hereditary panels, and more
- Twistle (Seattle, WA), a secure messaging platform for providers, patients, payers, delivering personalized content in the form of secure text messages, simple questionnaires, video tutorials, and more
The winner will be determined at our finale pitch event, where our five TRAILS finalists will pitch their product to a panel of judges. This event will take place in front of a live audience at Cambia Grove’s Startup Day Seattle on June 27. Please note: tickets for this event are currently sold out, but you can join our waitlist here.
Congratulations to our five TRAILS Competition finalists, and a sincere thank you to everyone who applied. Stay tuned for our winner announcement on June 27!